Date Book

Campus Events

• Film. Africana Studies Film Series of fall 2006 presents “”Stormy Weather.”” The film discussion will be moderated by Africana studies lecturer Eno Washington. 5 p.m. CǸsar E. Chǭvez building, Room 400
  • ASUA/ASA Candidate Fair. Come meet the Associated Students of the University of Arizona political candidates and get ready for the November elections by registering to vote. 10:30 a.m. UA Mall
  • Good morning commuters. Finally some incentive for waking up so darn early! Commuter students can get free – yes, free – doughnuts. 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. UA Mall
  • Leadership workshop. Part of the Center for Student Involvement and Leadership, the Fall 2006 Leadership Workshop Series will feature a free workshop on motivation. 5 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Sabino Room
  • Comedy Corner auditions. Think you’re funny? Come audition to be a cast member of the nation’s oldest college sketch comedy troupe. 8 p.m. SUMC, Tubac Room
  • Organ donor drive. Students for Organ Donation at the UA will be hosting a donor drive today. 10 p.m. UA Mall
  • Interview workshop. The day will come when you too will have to enter the real world. Be prepared for your job interview by attending this free workshop sponsored by Career Services. Learn what to expect and how to prepare so you can ace your next interview. 1 p.m. SUMC, Room 411
  • Resume workshop. Your resume is one of the first things employers see – make sure it is hire-worthy. This free workshop will teach you how to write a professional resume. 3:30 p.m. SUMC, Room 411
  • Seminar. The Nutrition and Physical Activity Throughout the Life Cycle Seminar Series presents “”Preconception and Pregnancy: Important Considerations for Mothers and Fathers.”” This free lecture will present lifestyle choices that can lead to a healthy pregnancy. Noon. SUMC, Ventana Room
  • Free film. The Iranian film “”Women’s Prison”” will be the second of three Middle Eastern film showings presented by the Center for Middle Eastern Studies. This film depicts the lives of Iran’s lost generation in the two decades since the 1979 Islamic Revolution. 7 p.m. Manuel T. Pacheco Integrated Learning Center, Auditorium 130
  • Trivia Tuesdays. Do you know the name of Elvis Presley’s twin? Then come test your useless knowledge all day with free trivia games at the Park Student Union. PSU, dining room
  • Poker night. Bring your best poker face to Poker Mix Games Night. 6 p.m. $3. SUMC, Wilbur’s Underground, Games Room
  • Video game tournament. Show off your sweet dance moves during this “”In the Groove”” and “”Dance Dance Revolution”” tournament. Open to dancers of all levels. 7 p.m. $2. SUMC, Wilbur’s Underground, Games Room