Police Beat

A student’s clothes were stolen the afternoon of March 25 after he left them in a dryer at Arizona-Sonora Residence Hall, 910 E. Fifth St., reports stated.

The student told police he put the clothes in the dryer around 3 p.m. and said he came back an hour later to find them gone.

The student estimated the cost of the clothes to be about $500.

The student said he had searched the area and was unable to find the clothes.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

A UA employee broke up an argument between a man and a woman the afternoon of March 27 at the Student Union Memorial Center food court, 1303 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

Police arrived around 3:20 p.m. and spoke to the woman. The woman said the man was her ex-boyfriend.

She said the man had insisted she let him give her a ride home. The woman said she had refused and the man had become angry.

The man had grabbed her purse and then put his arm around her when the employee came to break up the argument.

The woman said she was able to get her purse and walk away. The woman said she did not want the man to bother her anymore.

Police called the man and told him to leave the woman alone or she could press charges.

The man said he understood, reports stated.

A young man was cited for underage drinking the night of March 27 after police saw him and another man sitting behind a 7-Eleven, 1750 E. Speedway Blvd., reports stated.

Police noticed the two men around 7 p.m. There was an open bottle of beer at the young man’s feet and he smelled like alcohol.

The young man said he was under 21 and said he had drunk several beers.

The man was cited and released, reports stated.

A man was booked into Pima County Jail early on the morning of March 28 after police found him sleeping at the Arizona International College, 1628 E. Helen, reports stated.

Police noticed the man around 4 a.m. Police ran a records check and saw the man had a warrant.

The man had been warned before for trespassing.

The man was arrested and his property was placed into evidence for safekeeping, reports stated.

A man was booked into Pima County Jail March 28 after a witness told police he appeared drunk and had almost walked into traffic outside the Main Library, 1510 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

Police arrived around 5 p.m. and ran a records check on the man.

The man had a warrant and was arrested, reports stated.

The fountain at the SUMC, 1303 E. University Blvd., became bubbly the night of March 28 after someone put a white powdery substance in it, reports stated.

When police arrived around 10:40 p.m. a UA employee said he had seen a man looking into the fountain and said after the man left he noticed a substance that looked like detergent in the fountain.

The employee said the fountain would have to be drained and cleaned. Police searched the area for the man but were unable to find him, reports stated.

A man was booked into Pima County Jail the night of March 28 after he started yelling obscenities at the Science and Engineering Library, 744 N. Highland Ave., reports stated.

Police arrived around 9 p.m. and heard the man yelling. When police got to the library, the man had left.

A UA employee said the man and a student had gotten into an argument. The man had been listening to loud music and had been spitting into a trashcan. The student had asked the man to turn down the music and the man became angry.

Police found the man, who became argumentative. The man said police had no right to stop him and said he had not been yelling.

The man was told police had heard him yelling and the man said “”oh,”” reports stated. He had been warned for trespassing on campus before and was arrested for disturbing the peace, reports stated.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.