UAPD arrests two men for strong-armed robbery

The University of Arizona Police Department, assisted by The Tucson Police Department, arrested two males, yesterday, in connection to the Feb. 5 strong-armed robbery of a UA student.

Strong-armed robbery is when an offender uses force to rob someone.
The student had been walking the bike path on the east side of the Marley building, when the two men “forcibly” took personal property from him. The two then fled on foot.

No weapons were used or observed during the incident, but the subject received minor injuries.

Suspect one was a mid-twenties African-American, standing 6 feet tall, weighing between 175-200 pounds, wearing a black track suit, with a red stripe going down the side of the pants, according to his description in a UAPD memo.

Suspect two was described in similar clothing, ethnicity and age, but had a medium build and was a couple inches taller.

The case is still active and ongoing, according to UAPD Sergeant Juan Alvarez, as more information will be released when appropriate, as to not interfere with the investigation.

Update: Feb. 13, 2013

A third man, Kwame Toliver, was arrested today related to the Feb. 5 strong-armed robbery against a UA student outside of the Marley building.

Travis Starks and Aaron Lewis have been identified as the suspects arrested Friday, Feb. 8.

All three men have been booked into Pima County Jail for charges of aggravated robbery.