POBEAT: 4/29/16

Mine now

A University of Arizona Police Department officer responded to the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority house on Sunday in reference to a stolen bike.

The officer was greeted by a sorority member who said she and a friend had seen an unknown man with what looked like a set of keys walking around the parking lot next to the building. She said the man then approached one of the doors leading in to the building and attempted to unlock it using one of the keys.

The woman told the officer the locks are cypher locks and cannot be opened with a key. After failing to open the first door, the man attempted to use the keys to open the western-most door on the house, which the woman said is only used by the house parent.

The woman and her friend remained in the car until the man left. She then posted the incident to Facebook to warn the other members of the sorority of the suspicious man.

The officer then spoke with another member of the sorority who said that, shortly after seeing the Facebook post warning of the suspicious man, she witnessed someone matching the description sitting on the sidewalk in the area of Second Street and Vine Avenue.

She told the officer the man was doing something to one of the bikes locked to the nearby bike rack. As she got closer, she noticed the man was picking the lock attached to the bike.

She then noticed the bike appeared to belong to another member of the sorority. She approached the man and told him to “leave the bike alone.” The man responded that the bike was his girlfriend’s and he was retrieving it for her.

The witness continued to tell the man to leave the bike alone, to which he responded, “As soon as I pick this lock, it’s mine.”

The man successfully picked the lock and rode away with the bike.

F*ck this wall in particular

A University of Arizona Police Department officer responded to a call in reference to criminal damage at the Bear Down Gym.

Upon arrival the officer spoke with a UA facilities maintenance supervisor who reported “someone had broken through a south-side wall in the women’s bathroom.”

Upon further inspection, a bathroom stall door was found off of its hinges and appeared to missing a pin from the top hinge. The maintenance supervisor told the officer the damage was worth roughly $500.