Police Beat

A set of 12 keys and an iPod Nano were stolen from the men’s locker room of the Student Recreation Center, 1400 E. Sixth St., at 12:05 p.m. Aug. 23, reports stated.

The owner of the items said he entered the locker room at noon, placed the keys and iPod underneath his clothes in locker No. 1213 and immediately went to the showers.

The keys belong to a City of Tucson building, but there are no identifying marks or tags that would indicate which building. The man said he would notify his supervisor that they keys were stolen.

The man searched the garbage cans around the Rec Center but did not find his items.

There was no suspect information at the time of the report.

A woman hit another car while trying to park in the Second Street Parking Garage, 1340 E. Second St., at 3:23 p.m. Aug. 23, reports stated.

The woman called the police after she hit another vehicle while trying to park her turquoise Pontiac Sunbird.

The Sunbird left an approximately 2-foot turquoise scratch down the driver-side doors of a Toyota Camry.

The owner of the Camry was not on site when the accident happened and could not be located.

Notification of the report from the police and the woman’s information were left on the vehicle.

An underage UA student was found intoxicated and in possession of a fictitious or altered license at 12:23 a.m. Aug. 23, reports stated.

Police were patrolling the area of Manzanita-Mohave Residence Hall, 1010 N. Park Ave., when they saw a female stumble to the ground. One of the two men she was with tried to help her up but she stayed on the ground.

Police smelled alcohol on her breath and noticed her speech was slurred.

When asked for identification, the woman attempted to give the police only her CatCard, but several IDs fell out of her wallet, including two California licenses.

The police asked to see her CatCard and the other two licenses. All three had the same name, but one of the California IDs said the woman was 21 years old.

The woman told the police that the fake ID was a gag gift and that she had never used it. She also added, “”You can keep the fake one.””

The woman was cited and released on the scene.

A Parking and Transportation Services employee found a glass bong on the trunk of a car in the Tyndall Avenue Parking Garage, 88 E. Fourth St., at 7:20 a.m. Aug. 24, reports stated.

Police contacted the owner of the vehicle that the water pipe was on top of. The owner said that her daughter was a student and had no information about the pipe.

The green-glass bong and its black case were destroyed and disposed of by police.

A SafeRide driver called the police after a car followed him for a few blocks at 9:04 p.m. Aug. 23, reports stated.

The SafeRide driver was crossing the intersection at North Mountain Avenue and East Second Street when an eastbound car came into the intersection and stopped within a few feet of his car.

The car then turned north and followed him for a few blocks.

The SafeRide driver decided to turn around and call the police about the suspicious activity. The other car did not continue to follow.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu