Police Beat

A doorknob at the Delta Gamma sorority, 1448 E. First St., was broken off the door Jan. 28 during a date dash, reports stated.

An employee at the sorority house said the knob was still on the door around 9 p.m. and said she noticed it was gone around midnight.

The employee said it would take about $300 to fix the doorknob and the broken hinge.

The employee said the doorknob has already been replaced.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

? ? ?

The right rear tires on four students’ cars were punctured early Wednesday morning while the cars were parked outside the FIJI fraternity, 1801 E. First St., reports stated.

When police arrived, two of the students said they had parked their cars around midnight. The students said someone had noticed the damaged tires around 9 a.m.

Each student said it would cost about $200 to replace the tires.

Only three of the cars were still parked at the fraternity and two students said one of the students had driven on the flat tire because she was late for class.

The two students said the other student had also gone to class.

Police attempted to contact the two students who had gone to class, but were unable to.

? ? ?

A student’s $150 silver and black bike was stolen Wednesday while it was parked at the Gould-Simpson building, 1040 E. Fourth St., reports stated.

The student told police he locked his bike with a cable lock around noon.

The student said he came back around 5:30 p.m. to find both the bike and the cable lock gone.

? ? ?

A window in the Anthropology building, 1009 E. South Campus Drive, was broken by a rock sometime before the afternoon of Jan. 29, reports stated.

When police arrived around 2 p.m., there was a round hole in the window on the west side of the building.

Police found a rock on the other side of the window.

? ? ?

A student admitted to being underage and drinking the morning of Jan. 28, after police saw her trying to get in through a locked door at the Sigma Pi fraternity, 1525 E. Drachman St., reports stated.

Police noticed the student around 1 a.m. The student was staggering and had slurred speech.

The student smelled like alcohol.

When police asked the student if she had been drinking, the student said “”yes”” and admitted to being under 21.

The student was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol, reports stated.

? ? ?

A student was cited for underage drinking early in the morning of Jan. 28 after police saw him carrying a bottle of Captain Morgan outside the “”Swede”” Johnson building, 1111 N. Cherry Ave., reports stated.

Police approached the student and told him to put the bottle on the ground.

The student had red, watery eyes and smelled like alcohol.

The student was swaying. About one-fourth of the bottle of Captain Morgan was gone.

The student was released, reports stated.

? ? ?

Police detained a man for questioning early Wednesday morning after seeing marijuana packaged for sale in the back of his car, which was parked in the Tyndall Avenue Parking Garage, 880 E. Fourth St., reports stated.

Police noticed the man’s car around 4 a.m. A records check showed the car had been linked to a past drug possession case.

A parking and transportation employee was writing a ticket for the car. Police asked the employee if he knew how long the car had been there, but the employee said he didn’t.

Police used a flashlight to look inside the car.

Police saw what appeared to be marijuana, packaged in individual plastic bags, in a container in the back seat of the car.

Police found the man and brought him to the University of Arizona Police Department for questioning.

The case was then turned over to detectives, reports stated.

? ? ?

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.