Greek Life’s last chance

The Associated Students of the University of Arizona will meet tonight to hear Spring Fling presentation and a senate fund request.

The senate is still unsure if a Greek Life representative will speak about the Collegiate Housing and Infrastructure Act Resolution. Someone from Greek Life was expected to talk about the resolution at last week’s meeting, but no representative attended, so the senate tabled the item.

“”If a representative doesn’t come, we will strike the item,”” said Executive Vice President Emily Fritze.

ASUA has the power to delay an item, but if it isn’t get addressed by the following meeting, the senate strikes it, Fritze said.

The senate will review old business, approve the minutes from last week’s meeting and the consent agenda.

Lexy Keffeler, a senior majoring in Spanish, will give a Spring Fling presentation as an informational item.

Senators Hillary Davidson and Sarah Bratt will present a senate funds request for a project which sends clothes to Haiti. They have not yet named the project but will be asking for funds, Fritze said.

Sen. Tyler Quillin will present bylaws on his peer mentorship program.

“”I think he hopes the program can stay in ASUA after he leaves and that it will continue to grow,”” Fritze said.

Quillin said the item is a formalization to place bylaws into effect.

“”I think it’s a program that shows a lot of progress and can help students in the long run, and I hope it can ensure future success,”” he said.

Sen. Stephen Wallace will present his Diamonds in the Sky project, a fashion show on the rooftop of one of the university’s parking garages.

ASUA will hear senate reports and allocate $784.20 to club funding out of the requested $6,527.64.