Former Washington State quarterback Jayden de Laura transfers to Arizona

Heather Newberry
The “A” flag is held up by Arizona cheerleaders during the UA-Oregon State game on Nov. 11 at Arizona Stadium.

Former Washington State quarterback Jayden de Laura announced on Twitter Monday night that he will be transferring to Arizona. 

De Laura started his true freshman season down in Pullman, compiling 886 yards passing with five touchdowns through the air and four interceptions in four games during the 2020 shortened season.

This past year in his first full season, De Laura exploded for 2,798 yards passing through the air to go along with 23 touchdowns to nine interceptions on a 63.2 completion percentage. He led Washington to an appearance in the Sun Bowl while taking home Pac-12 Offensive Freshman of the Year honors. Arizona fans saw firsthand how dangerous he can be this past year, tossing four touchdowns in a 44-18 Washington win over Arizona in Pullman.

The Wildcats quarterback room currently consists of De Laura, Will Plummer, Jordan McCloud, Gunner Cruz and 3-star prospect Noah Fifita who is enrolling early. 

RELATED: Jedd Fisch lands Arizona’s best recruit in program history 

Between the No. 20 overall 2022 recruiting class per 247 Sports and a number of incoming transfers that includes De Laura, it has been quite the offseason for Jedd Fisch and the entire coaching staff after coming off a one-win season in 2021. There is still time for them to make other moves. It certainly seems like this team is headed in the direction Fisch had anticipated when he came to Tucson. 

Follow Ari Koslow on Twitter