Game on!

Game on!

JANUARY

Mass Effect 2 (360) – Jan. 26

This sci-fi epic action-RPG is about as cool as they come. Commander Shepard is back, and he’s whoever you want him to be — literally. You can also import your character from the first, so don’t worry about continuity.

FEBRUARY

Bioshock 2 (360/PS3) – Feb. 9

Fans of the first Bioshock will be thrilled to learn that this time around you get to play as a modified Big Daddy, one of the super-difficult bosses from the first outing — a reason to play in itself.

Aliens vs. Predator (360/PS3/PC) – Feb. 16

This reboot of the old PC franchise will boast new character designs, three different campaigns and a stellar multiplayer mode.

MARCH

Final Fantasy XIII (360/PS3) – March 9

This sparkling RPG has shattered sales records in Japan and is hitting U.S. shores in early March. Expect a semi-science fiction storyline with turn-based strategy gameplay and an epic campaign spanning 70+ hours.

God of War III (PS3) – March 30

The series that defined the Playstation brand last generation is back on the Playstation 3 with updated visuals, increased combat variety and our favorite bad boy, Kratos. Be ready to slay some gods when this game hits shelves.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (360/PS3/PC) – March 30

Even those of us who are wrapped up in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will want to take a break for this game. The developer has all but mastered the art of online multiplayer with years of practice on the PC before Call of Duty was even around.

Red Steel 2 (Wii) – March 23

The sequel to the Wii launch title should really deliver this time around. Developer Ubisoft has been quiet up until now, but it is known for improving on past designs and listening to fans. Expect guns and samurai swords with improved motion controls.