Date Book

Campus Events

• Blood drive. Sponsored by Alpha Epsilon Delta, the United Blood Drive Bloodmobile will be stationed at the Cherry pullout at the UA Mall. Remember to bring photo identification and eat a hearty meal before you donate. 8 a.m. UA Mall
  • Doctoral final oral defense. William Sewell will defend his biochemistry and molecular and cellular biology dissertation, “”Genetic Basic for Arthropod Limb Diversification.”” 9 a.m. Life Sciences South building, Room 440
  • Entertainment

• “”The DaVinci Code.”” After a murder inside the Louvre, clues in the paintings of Leonardo Da Vinci lead to a religious mystery protected by a secret society for 2,000 years. Directed by Ron Howard and starring Tom Hanks, this summer blockbuster is now showing on campus. 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. $3. Student Union Memorial Center, Gallagher Theater
  • Free concert. The UA School of Music presents its first Faculty Artist Series concert of the semester. Organist and composer Pamela Decker will perform works by J.S. Bach, Near and the world premiere of her own work, “”life aromatic with red-hot pizazz.”” 7 p.m. School of Music building, Crowder Hall
  • Live music. Come listen to free live music at the Park Student Union every Friday. Noon. PSU