Arizona men’s basketball hires Ball State assistant coach Danny Peters to same position at UA

Heather Newberry
Sean Miller speaks to fans in McKale Center before the annual men’s basketball McDonald’s Red-Blue game on Oct. 20.

Arizona men’s basketball hired Ball State assistant coach Danny Peters to the same position at Arizona on Tuesday, April 10. The program announced the hire of its new assistant coach via its Twitter page.

Peters first served on Arizona’s staff in 2010 as a graduate manager for two years and then two additional years as assistant director of basketball operations. At Arizona, Peters was in charge of video scouting efforts that included the organization, breakdown, scouting and presentation of game film, according to the Ball State Athletics website.

“Danny’s ability to connect with players, his on-the-court coaching acumen and his relentless nature as a recruiter was paramount to their (Ball State’s) success,” Arizona coach Sean Miller said in a statement to the Arizona program. 

Miller’s full statement on the addition of Peters to the coaching staff can be found here.

Peters began the assistant coaching job at Ball State in 2014-15 season and helped the program go from a 5-23 record in 2014 to averaging 20 wins over the last three years. 

Miller has now filled one of the two open spots on his coaching staff after Lorenzo Romar accepted the head coaching job at Pepperdine and Book Richardson was fired this past season.

Follow Alec White on Twitter