Snoop to ‘blaze’ Rialto

Snoop Dogg will be performing at The Rialto Theatre with Stephen Marley on Sunday as part of the Blazed and Confused tour. Photo courtesy of snoopdogg.com.
    Snoop Dogg will be performing at The Rialto Theatre with Stephen Marley on Sunday as part of the ‘Blazed and Confused’ tour. Photo courtesy of snoopdogg.com.

Rollers in hair while on stage? Check. Use of the “”-izzle”” suffix for everyday vocabulary? Check. An infectious laid-back flow that needs no introduction? Yup. The “”Doggfather”” is coming! West Si-eed meets the Wild Wild West as Cordozar Calvin “”Snoop Dogg”” Broadus, Jr. chases the cat at the Rialto Theater this Sunday for the “”Blazed and Confused”” tour.

The hip-hop megastar, backed by a live band, the Snoopadelics, brings along Stephen Marley (son of the late Bob Marley), the reggae influenced group, Slightly Stoopid, and Mickey Avalon for an undeniably amusing and “”chillaxed”” evening fusion of hip-hop, reggae, rock, and blues.

Known to perform with a perm that has his hair just a-swinging, Snoop Dogg has been a recognizable force in music for more than a decade. Hailing from Long Beach, Calif., Snoop helped popularize the “”West Coast sound”” incorporating funk music a la George Clinton (who’s also coming to the Rialto on Aug. 25).

Snoop has not only sold over 30 million albums with hits ranging from “”Gin and Juice,”” “”Beautiful”” featuring Pharell, and “”Drop It Like It’s Hot,”” but has also stealthily pawed his way into songs with artists such as the Pussycat Dolls and Mariah Carey. Beyond his unique brand of hip-hop, the D-O-double-Gizzle is a charming father, a philanthropist who owns the successful Snoop Youth Football League, and is involved in numerous projects to improve his hometown. Awwwww.

One thing is for sure. Everyone and literally their grandmas and play cousins will be in attendance.

General admission tickets are $48, $52 day of show. All ages. Doors open at 7:30 p.m., showtime is 8:30 p.m. Call 740-1000 for the Rialto box office or visit www.rialtotheatre.com.