Date Book

Campus Events

• Virtual math encounter. The department of mathematics presents “”Mathematics and the Global Village: A Virtual Encounter.”” This joint math and cultural Internet session will feature virtual classroom visits by students in Arizona, Oman and Senegal. 8 a.m. Mathematics building, Room 101
  • Coffee with colleagues. This question and answer presentation regarding the Brazilian presidential election is sponsored by the Center for Latin American Studies. 8:30 a.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Pima Room
  • Lecture. The Annual McCormick Lecture by Frederick Schauer will explore the question “”Should Officials Obey the Law?”” 10 a.m. James E. Rogers College of Law, Room 146
  • Panel discussion. The Graduate College and the Social and Behavioral Sciences Research Institute present a panel discussion on international research programs and funding. 11:30 a.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Santa Rita Room
  • Spoken word/poetry slam. Part of Transgender Awareness Week, transgender students and allies will perform their thoughts on gender. Noon. Alumni Plaza
  • Mathematics seminar. The Program in Applied Mathematics Modeling and Computation Seminar presents a talk by Rathnakumar Radhakrishnan titled “”Heat-Assisted Magnetic Recording, Next-Generation Hard Disk Drives.”” 12:30 p.m. Math building, Room 402
  • Study abroad information. The departments of French and Italian present information on study abroad programs in Orvieto, Italy and Paris. 4 p.m. Psychology building, Room 306
  • AME seminar. Part of the AME Seminar Series, Roger Stoller will discuss “”Radiation Damage in Structural Materials: Modeling and Mechanisms.”” 4 p.m. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Room S212
  • Festivus event. The UofA Bookstores are showing their appreciation for UA faculty and staff by offering a 40 percent discount off one selected item and 20 percent off select insignia merchandise. 5 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, UofA Bookstore
  • Artist’s lecture. The UA Museum of Art invites you to an artist’s lecture by Iona Rozeal Brown. 5:30 p.m. Center for Creative Photography, Auditorium
  • Q-and-A panel. The “”Ask a Tranny Anything”” Q-and-A Panel takes a “”no holds barred”” approach to gender diversity education. Take this opportunity to ask anything to a panel of open-minded transgender, transsexual and gender-queer folks. 6:30 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Catalina Room
  • Entertainment

• Drag show. Come out to the “”Take Your Last Drag”” show. This night of entertainment will provide information about smoking cessation, sponsored by The University of Arizona’s Center for Student Involvement and Leadership and Wingspan’s Southern Arizona Gender Alliance. 7 p.m. Wingspan, 425 E. Seventh St.
  • Film. A calamity at Dante and Randall’s shop sends them looking for new horizons in “”Clerks II.”” 7 p.m., 10 p.m. $3. Student Union Memorial Center, Gallagher Theater