PoliceBeat

Occupants of a tan Cadillac shot multiple .233 caliber rifle shots at a house at 1510 E. Eighth St. the morning of Oct. 29, reports stated.

The car fled the scene, but at 3:43 a.m., police spotted a car matching the description of the Cadillac traveling north on North Campbell Avenue.

Multiple police cars stopped the vehicle on North Martin Avenue.

Officers positioned themselves behind the doors of their cars and pointed firearms at the Cadillac.

Police ordered the four occupants out of the vehicle and detained them one by one.

One officer obtained the car’s keys from the ignition, and the officers opened the trunk to find a Bushmaster M4 type carbine rifle. The rifle’s safety was in the “”fire”” position.

The driver of the Cadillac said he and the passengers had been at a party near East Broadway Boulevard and North Euclid Avenue when they heard gunshots.

He stopped answering further questions because he said he thought he would be arrested if he provided more information about the incident.

The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license and failing to appear in court for a previous offense.

A man was arrested for buying alcohol for underage students near Arizona-Sonora Residence Hall, 910 E. Fifth St., on Oct. 29, reports stated.

At 2:26 p.m., a police officer saw two white males putting beer into a backpack from a Bud Light 30-pack box.

A third man stood nearby holding a bottle of Jágermeister.

When the officer confronted the three men, he found that one was older than 21, but the other two were under the legal drinking age.

The older man said he had come to Tucson to visit one of the younger men. He said he was staying with the students in their dorm room in Coronado Residence Hall.

The man said he bought the beer for himself and that he did not know that the other two men could not be in possession of the alcohol even if they did not drink any.

The men told police that they were filling the backpack with the beer because they did not think they could enter their residence hall with the exposed Bud Light box.

Police cited the older man for providing alcohol to the underage students, and the students were cited for underage possession.

All three were released on the scene, and the alcohol was placed into property.

A $70 blue mountain bike was stolen from a bike rack on Oct. 26 in front of the Student Union Memorial Center, 1303 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

A student locked his bike on the rack at 1 p.m. with a U-lock, but he could not find it when he returned at 5 p.m.

Police have no suspects and no witnesses.

Police responded to a report of an odor of burnt marijuana emanating from a room in Coronadoat 7:33 p.m. Oct. 29, reports stated.

When an officer arrived at the scene, he found two males sitting inside an open room. They told him he could come in and that they were just sitting around.

“”I didn’t smoke marijuana,”” one man said after the officer checked their identification. “”I just got here.””

The officer asked the other man, the room’s only resident, to give him the marijuana.

The man opened a drawer on his desk and pulled out a green travel cup with the words “”Lipitor”” on it. From inside, the man pulled out a bag of marijuana.

Both men’s eyes were watery and red, but only the resident was cited for possession of the drug.

A student reported her cell phone was stolen from her dorm room sometime between 8 p.m. Oct. 28 and 3 p.m. Oct. 29, reports stated.

The student said her roommate did not know where the phone went, and there was no evidence of forced entry into the room.

The student was unable to provide the phone’s model number or serial number to police at the time she filed the report.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.