Police Beat

A $300 cell phone was lost near the Administration building, 1401 E. University Blvd., between 2 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Nov. 21, reports stated.

The purple-faced cell phone was lost somewhere on the UA Mall. The owner gave police a friend’s phone number as contact information. Police advised the man to cancel his phone plan and told the man they would let him know if the phone was turned in.

Three men were arrested for underage drinking at McKale Center, 1721 E. Enke Drive, during the basketball game at 8:14 p.m. Nov. 22, reports stated.

A customer relations representative for McKale notified police the three men were consuming alcohol and directed police to their seats.

Police approached two of the men and saw a spiked soda at their feet. Police asked the men if the soda was theirs. Both of the men had red eyes, and the smell of alcohol was on their breath, but they denied ownership of the beverage.

The third man returned to the seats with another soda in hand. He had trouble balancing and exhibited the same symptoms of alcohol consumption that his friends had.

Police escorted the men from their seats to question them. All three admitted to drinking from a flask filled with rum.

The men were cited and released for minor in possession. The third man was also cited for possession of a fictitious license. All three were ejected from the game and warned for trespassing.

A man was taken to Pima County Jail for several warrants and criminal trespassing at the Beal Center, 1030 N. Mountain Ave., at midnight Nov. 21, reports stated.

During a check of the area, police noticed a man near the Beal Center. The officer exited his patrol vehicle and approached the site where he saw the man.

The man was trying to hide in the shadows of the entrance to the building.

The officer went up to the man and asked him to produce some identification. The man ignored the officer and took a sip from the coffee mug he was holding. The contents of the coffee mug were recognized to be hard alcohol. The man did not respond to several following commands for ID.

The man then started yelling at the officer, saying that he was harassing him because he had nothing better to do. Police called for backup because of the aggressive response.

Dispatch notified police that the man had several nonextraditable warrants.

Police transported the man to Pima County Jail.

A grounds-keeping employee reported that a leaf blower had been stolen from the grounds garage at Flandrau Science Center and Planetarium, 1601 E. University Blvd., Nov. 21, reports stated.

The employee said the blower was taken sometime between 3:30 p.m. Nov. 15 and 9 a.m. Nov. 16. The grounds-keeping garage is locked at 3:30 p.m. each day.

The leaf blower is gray with orange casing and is labeled with the number 671.

A bicycle was placed into property and evidence after police found its cable lock cut off and hanging on the handlebar near the Life Sciences North building, 1305 N. Martin Ave., at 5:02 p.m. Nov. 21, reports stated. Police responded to the area in reference to another case involving bike theft earlier that day. The reporting officer recommended that the evidence be forwarded to the other case’s investigation.

Police found two bicycles with cable locks that had been partially cut and a third that had been completely cut and taken off. The road bike and specialized mountain bike with cable locks that were partially cut were also secured with U-locks.

Police took photos of the partially cut locks and took the unsecured bicycle into property and evidence for safekeeping.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department Records. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resumǸ can be found at www.uapd.arizona.edu.