Arizona vs. St. Johns: Players to watch

St. John’s forward God’s Gift Achiuwa

Achiuwa, a 6-foot-8, 236-pound forward, is the Red Storm’s leading scorer (17.7 ppg) and rebounder (8.3 rpg), and also uses his more than 7-foot wingspan to average a block per game. A junior in his first season at St. John’s after transferring from a junior college, Achiuwa is a versatile scorer that can either face up or play with his back to the offense — he shoots 73 percent from the field and 91 percent from the free throw line.

St. John’s guard Nurideen Lindsey

Everything that St. John’s does on offense goes through Lindsey. He scores 16 points per game and dishes out almost five assists while shooting 50 percent from the field. He also grabs more than three steals per game, and was an assist shy of a triple-double in St. John’s last game. Like Achiuwa, Lindsey is in his first season at St. John’s after transferring from a junior college.

Arizona center Kyryl Natyazhko

It’s likely going to be Natyazhko that’s stuck with the chore of slowing down Achiuwa while Arizona is on the defensive end of the floor. Natyazhko doesn’t bring much to the table offensively, but Arizona doesn’t need him to. If he can be a physical presence on defense and, at the very least, not give Achiuwa any easy baskets, it’ll be hard for St. John’s to get easy points when it needs them.

— Alex Williams