Future planning made easy with some help

Grace+Pierson%2F+The+Daily+Wildcat%0A%0AShanique+Sinclair%2C+a+freshman+biology+major%2C+gets+help+with+her+calculus+I+homework+from+Katie+Bullock%2C+a+pre-physiology+sophomore%2C+at+the+Bear+Down+Gym+Think+Tank+on+Thursday+afternoon.+
    Grace Pierson
    Grace Pierson/ The Daily Wildcat Shanique Sinclair, a freshman biology major, gets help with her calculus I homework from Katie Bullock, a pre-physiology sophomore, at the Bear Down Gym Think Tank on Thursday afternoon.

With spring break done and less than two months of school left, seniors can finish the school year with confidence. Some may be returning next fall for a victory lap but others are off to the real world. Here are a few ways to stay ahead of the game and optimize your opportunities.

The THINK TANK

For those who may be taking their talents to graduate school or staying for a fifth year, The THINK TANK can help maximize your academic potential.

“The THINK TANK’s goal is to connect with the student from freshman year all the way until graduation,” said Victor Mercado, assistant director of The THINK TANK. “The newest publication ‘onesixtyeight’ is a guide to introduce students to the learning culture and to The THINK TANK as a tutoring center. We combine theory with practice.”
    He also said that The THINK TANK offers affordable courses for students studying for the GMAT, GRE and LSAT at a price of $550. The price includes all materials and the eight sessions, which breaks down each part of the exams. April 7-30 is the final session, but if there are particular parts of the test you are looking to focus on, The THINK TANK offers mini courses for $120, which include a two-evening session focusing on a certain element of the test.

“There is an LSAT logic games mini course being offered,” Mercado said, “which helps diagramming and elaborating problems that have to be put in a logical manner.”

The THINK TANK walk-in tutoring schedule can be found on its website.

Career Services

Career Services, located in the Student Union Memorial Center, offers a variety of resources for seniors who are preparing to enter the job market. The services’ website is packed with tutorials, articles and even current internship and job opportunities. It is a must-see for soon to be graduates.
    Career Services has staff on campus Monday through Friday who are available to help students write, revise and perfect résumés and cover letters. During these walk-in visits, the advisers can also provide career counseling and direction for those who are

overwhelmed by the job search. Because, let’s face it, becoming an adult in modern society can be menacing and young adults can use just about all the help we can get. Luckily, that is exactly why career services was created and it’d be a shame to graduate without taking advantage of this great free resource.

Life Coaching

Finally, for those almost graduates who are still feeling like they don’t have a clear direction, life coaching can be a helpful way to focus your mind and develop strategies to make your dreams a reality. And one of the beneficial aspects of life coaching is that it takes place over the phone

Gregg Houck, a life and business coach for Dynamic Business Coaching, based in San Diego, Calif., has some insight into how college students can attack the huge step they are about to take.
    “Customized coaching explores who you are, what are your modalities for change, what motivates and excites you?” Houck said. “Once identified, we can create customized actions plans to help take advantage of your unique talents and design a life based on your natural capabilities.”

Although it may sound a bit off the wall, life coaching is a good way to uncover your strengths to make sure you are focusing your energy in the right directions.