GAME BLOG: No. 22 Arizona at No. 3 Oregon LIVE FROM EUGENE

Kyle Johnson/Arizona Daily Wildcat

10:38

It’s times like these where a skunk rule is necessary. Arizona trails 42-0.

10:27

Arizona failed drive down the field gives Oregon the ball back in their own territory. When David Richards is the best receiver for your team, you’re going to lose every time.

It’s important to note that this game wasn’t ever supposed to be a win. How the wildcats, in particular Matt Scott, bounce back will say a lot about this team’s potential.

10:20

This is a blowout that never should have been a blowout. Pick six makes it 35-0.

10:10

Game, set and match. Big 55-yard pass and catch. 28-0. Going to be a long fourth quarter.

10:07

Matt Scott inaccuracies, blocking failure by freshman guard Cayman Bundage (why is he in the game?), lead to another failed series by Arizona.

You can only ask the defense to last so long. Or can you….Jonathan McKnight interception.

After Tyler Slavin drops yet another surefire touchdown catch, Matt Scott makes a poor throw and another interception.

9:55

Oregon scores a TD, 2-point conversion. All but ends the game, in my opinion. Score is 21-0.

9:50

Matt Scott is not himself. Missing easy throws, attempting impossible ones and Arizona goes three-and-out quickly again.

58,334 in attendance and the 56th consecutive sell-out at Autzen Stadium, according to press box PA guy.

Tra’Mayne Bondurant has recorded at least three tackles for loss on the night. He and Tevis are having very good games.

Arizona gets ball back in at its own 10, but fails yet again to convert on third on another errant Scott throw.

9:40

Arizona opens three-and-out. Kyle Dugandzic fails on a ‘rugby kick’.

Failure to convert WILL prove costly for the UA.

Luckily, defense holds the Oregon offense again and gets the ball back on a punt. Tony Dungy’s son is getting a lot of looks for the Ducks at receiver in this game.

9:30

Second half is underway.

Also, Kenjon Barner moved into Oregon’s top 10 for career rushing yards in the first half. I interviewed Barner on Tuesday, good dude.

9:25

ARIZONA

Matt Scott: 10-for-21, 89 yards, 1 interception. Team-leading 17 rushing yards.

Ka’Deem Carey: 9 carries for 10 yards.

Johnny Jackson: Team-leading 3 receptions, 33 yards.

OREGON

Marcus Mariota: 11-for-22, 122 yards, 1 touchdown

De’Anthony Thomas: 10 attempts, 50 rushing yards

Kenjon Barner: 14 attempts, 49 yards

9:07

Field goal attempt by Rob Beard is good. Oregon leads 13-0 at the half. Stay tuned for halftime stats.

8:59

Ka’Deem Carey is riding the struggle bus right now. 8 carries for 8 yards. Offense is weak, defense is strong, things are weird.

Wildcats go three-and-out, Kyle Dugandzic does the right thing by avoiding De’Anthony Thomas on the punt.

It is Marcus Mariota’s world, we are just living in it. That guy can thread the needle.

8:47

Arizona defense makes another stop, albeit within the 20-yard line. Leads to an Oregon field goal attempt…..nailed. Oregon leads 10-0

8:44

It was ruled that Jackson fumbled on that last catch. Oregon gets the ball back. Arizona really just doesn’t want to win this game by the looks of it.

Oregon penalties are certainly helping the Wildcats cause though.

Jared Tevis forces a fumble again, this time it goes out of bounds. Sione Tuhalamaka is back in the game as well.

Backup quarterback Bryan Bennett in for Oregon….at running back. Chip Kelly, you trickster.

8:35

Austin Hill finally getting looks, has an 18-yard gain.

Buuuut errant Scott throws nearly lead to two interceptions. What is up with him tonight?

Jumpin’ Johnny Jackson looking like an x-factor for the UA. Makes a nice 18-yard pass to him, although he gets lit up on the play.

Chip Kelly takes Oregon’s first time out.

8:28

This Wildcats defense is playing out of its mind. The offense is playing the opposite of that. This game is weird. 0-for-4 in the red zone, by the way.

8:20

Jared Tevis massacres De’Anthony Thomas and forced a fumble. Recovered by Jake Fischer. Wildcats follow that with a long pass play to Dan Buckner which is called defensive pass interference.

John Bonano field goal attempt is BLOCKED after Tyler Slavin drops a surefire touchdown. This game is going the opposite of Arizona’s way.

8:10

Matt Scott forced to miss two plays, BJ Denker gets a few reps. Vanilla VIck completes a pass and hands it off before Scott returns for two straight completions to Dan Buckner and one to Johnny Jackson.

Ball slips out of Scott’s hand, but he jumps on it in time. Proceeds to move the ball down the field on a pass to David Richards and a penalty on Oregon moving the ball to the Oregon 12. Another penalty, pass interference against Oregon corner covering Dan Buckner, gives Wildcats first down and ball on the 2 yard line.

Backup right tackle Lene Maiava injured on second down and Scott follows it up with a poorly placed pass attempt to Dan Buckner.

Oregon makes the stop on fourth down. Arizona goes no where at the 2-yard line. 0-for-3 in the red zone.

END FIRST: Arizona trails 7-0.

8:00

Marcus Mariota is one of the most athletic looking quarterback I’ve seen live.

DT Sione Tuihalamaka appears to have suffered a fairly serious injury. The Ducks fans are really nice about it, booing him. You stay classy, Eugene.

As Oregon moves the ball all the way down the field, Matt Scott appears to have went into the locker room. Uh oh.

TOUCHDOWN: Oregon scores on a 16-yard touchdown pass to Daryle Hawkins. Oregon leads 7-0 after the PAT.

7:52

Arizona defense is playing out of its mind. Three tackles for loss, a forced fumble already. Oregon has negative rushing yards as a team. This can’t be real life.

Classic Fabbians Ebbele though, blocking a Duck in the back, 10-yard penalty to bring Arizona back a bit.

Annnnnd Matt Scott makes his worst throw of the season on the interception. Golly, this game is sloppy.

7:45

Arizona playing smart, not trying anything too crazy….started both Daniel Jenkins and Ka’Deem Carey in the backfield.

Wildcats bring the ball to the Oregon 5-yard-line after a few runs by Matt Scott and Ka’Deem. David Richards getting some early playing time, makes you wonder if Richard Morrison is getting any playing time.

John Bonano field goal is blocked….uh oh.

7:34

Arizona won the kickoff. Chose to defer.

John Bonano pooches the kick to the 31-yard line. Innnnteresting.

Wildcats getting pass rush on the first play of the game. That doesn’t happen. AND Shaq Richardson with a pass breakup.

Then, Sir Thomas Jackson hits Marcus Mariota in the backfield on fourth down. Arizona takes control. Also, can’t hear myself think right now.

7:27

The stadium is packed, as expected. Lots of excitement in the air. Just before game time, I’m going to fully commit to a prediction…. Arizona will either A) win the game by less than a touchdown or B) lose the game by less than two touchdowns.

I think it’s safe to say we won’t have a case of “LSU-Auburn”, a game that just ended with a final score of 12-10.

7:00

We’re about 30 minutes from kickoff. Arizona is going with all white everything (jerseys, helmets, pants). Oregon is going with green jerseys, black pants and very shiny silver helmets.

Spotted on the sideline: ESPN’s Neil Everett

Spotted in the press box: former Detroit Lions general manager Matt Millen

6:02

We’re live from Eugene, Ore., at the gigantic and beautiful Autzen Stadium.

The weather is fantastic, at 70 degrees and a nice breeze.

I know almost nobody thinks Arizona wins this game, but I say they can. I don’t know that they will, but they can. Might have to score 60 points though…..

Be sure to follow us on Twitter at WildcatSports, ZackBlatt and @KyleJohnsonUA for more live in-game updates.