Arizona basketball confirms Red-Blue game guests

The annual McDonald’s Red-Blue game is 24 days away, and on Wednesday the Wildcats announced that the 1987-88 men’s basketball team will be celebrating the 25th anniversary of its trip to the Final Four.

Team members confirmed to attend include head coach Lute Olson, Jud Buechler, Sean Elliott, Steve Kerr, Kenny Lofton, Harvey Mason, Craig McMillan, Matt Muehlebach, Sean Rooks, Tom Tolbert, Joe Turner and manager Eric Meyer.

The Red-Blue game is an intrasquad scrimmage that will take place on Oct. 21 at McKale Center, and will provide fans the chance to see the highly touted freshman class of Kaleb Tarczewski, Gabe York, Brandon Ashley and Grant Jerrett, plus transfer point guard Mark Lyons, for the first time.

Last year, head coach Sean Miller managed to bring in a number of prominent NBA players from the UA, including Derrick Williams, Andre Iguodala, Channing Frye, Jerryd Bayless, Jason Terry, Richard Jefferson and Chase Budinger. Budinger and Williams were inducted into the Ring of Honor alongside top Wildcats performers like Elliott, Kerr and others. Terry was honored for the NBA championship he won with the Mavericks in 2011.

Iguodala, a member of the U.S. gold medal-winning basketball team in the Summer Olympics, will join the ring of honor, according to Miller.

“Hope to welcome back [Iguodala] for our Red Blue Weekend by hanging his name in our Ring Of Honor for his gold medal in London! #TeamUSA,” Miller tweeted on Aug. 18.

After eight seasons with the Philadelphia 76ers, Iguodala was traded to the Denver Nuggets on Aug. 10 in a blockbuster four-team trade that sent Dwight Howard from the Orlando Magic to the Los Angeles Lakers.

Arizona will have its first exhibition game against Humboldt State on Oct. 31 and its first regular season game on Nov. 11 against Charleston Southern.

Advance prices for the Red-Blue game are $8 for adults and $5 for children (ages 3-17). Prices rise to $10 and $7 if purchased at McKale Center on game day.