Datebook

Campus Events

• Nutrition presentation. Find out how to establish healthy eating and exercise patterns during a presentation by Nancy Rogers. Noon. Arizona Cancer Center, Kiewit Auditorium
  • Rec Center expansion meeting. The Student Recreation Center invites the university community to get involved in the center’s expansion project by attending a second town hall meeting. The architects and construction managers will be on hand to answer questions about the project. 3 p.m. Rec Center, Room 220 L
  • Graduate writing workshop. Victoria Stefani of the Writing Skills Improvement Program will discuss “”Designing the Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter.”” 4 p.m. Modern Languages building, Room 410
  • Opera quartet. The UA School of Music presents the Rieman Opera Quartet in a concert celebrating the 100th birthday of Amelia T. Rieman. Free and open to the public, a variety of operatic favorites will be performed. 7:30 p.m. Music building, Crowder Hall
  • Love Your Body Day. Sponsored by UA Feminists, information about body image, eating disorders and table discussions will be presented. 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Alumni Plaza
  • Entertainment

• Laugh Fest. Come experience the first annual Laugh Festival multimedia event with Comedy Corner and the Charles Darwin Experience. 7 p.m. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Gallagher Theater
  • Free screening. Wilmer “”Bill”” Butler, director of photography for the film “”Jaws,”” has been named Kodak Cinematographer in Residence at the UA. He will be hosting a free public screening of the film. 7:30 p.m. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.
  • KAMP. A KAMP Student Radio DJ will be playing some lunchtime music. Noon. UA Mall
  • Poker tournament. Try your hand at every Wednesday night’s poker tournament. 6 p.m. $5. SUMC, Wilbur’s Underground, Games Room