Not another house party

Simbads provides a relaxing experience and a beautiful patio for smokers of all types. Try some falafel or shish kebabs too.
    Simbad’s provides a relaxing experience and a beautiful patio for smokers of all types. Try some falafel or shish kebabs too.

While some UA students are getting crunk up in the club (or, most likely, the bar), the under-21 crowd is left to fend for themselves in finding things to do. Although you’re too young to hit the bevy of bars, there are still several attractions if you have yet to reach the legal drinking age or choose not to spend your life savings on a fake ID. If going to your roommate’s friend-of-a friend’s house party is not your scene, try keeping yourself entertained with these suggestions.

Concerts – All of the Rialto Theatre’s concerts, 318 E. Congress St., are all-ages and host some pretty well-known bands. Although Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St., has many 21-and-over shows, they have a few under-21 as well.

Baseball – Beer goes nicely with baseball. Well, you can’t get the beer, but you can get the baseball. The Diamondbacks, Chicago White Sox and Colorado Rockies all head to Tucson Electric Park, 2500 E. Ajo Way, and Hi Corbett Field, 3400 E. Camino Campestre, for spring training in March and April. Lawn seats are only $4. And from April to September, the Tucson Sidewinders play at Tucson Electric Park. Tickets start at $6.

Sinbad’s Restaurant – 810 E. University Blvd. Freaked out by the people at Smiley’s Ultimate Hookah Lounge, 503 E. Ninth St.? Want a different type of venue? Desire some falafel while smoking various flavors of hookah? Try Sinbad’s, a Middle Eastern restaurant on University Boulevard. Open until 1 a.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

Something Sweet Dessert Lounge – 5319 E. Speedway Blvd. This place is pretty cool, offering huge pieces of cake and pie, and it’s open until 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday, and midnight the rest of the week.

Casbah Tea House – 628 N. FourthÿAve. For the more adventurous type this artsy vegetarian restaurant offers open mic nights as well as belly dancing, hookahs and live music on the weekends. Open until 11 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.

Go to Fourth Avenue – So the entire street reeks of incense. And in this hood the hippie lifestyle is coming out the ying yang. But the clothing stores, tattoo parlors and various other unique stores are highly entertaining.

With the strange mix of people, whether they are drunk or just a little nutso, it’s always fun to stroll down “”Fourth Ave.,”” as it is commonly referred to.