Date Book

Tuesday, Aug. 12

Supervising student employees. From 8:30-11:30 a.m. in room 214 of the University Services Building, UA employees will be provided with guidelines to follow during the initial hiring process and information pertinent to the day-to-day supervision of student employees. Call 621-7701 for more information.

“”Living with Fire.”” From 4:30-6 p.m. in the UofA Bookstore, UA professor Guy R. McPherson, an award-winning researcher, will discuss his new book, “”Living with Fire: Fire Ecology and Policy for the Twenty-first Century.”” Call 621-2814 for more information.

Wednesday, Aug. 13

Today’s the last day of classes and final examinations for Summer Session II. Finally, a vacation! Enjoy your week-and-a-half before school starts up again Aug. 25.

Tuesday, Aug. 19

Arizona Athletics Fall Kick-Off Luncheon. From noon-1:30 p.m. in the Grand Ballroom of the Tucson Convention Center, 260 S. Church Ave., the UA department of intercollegiate athletics and the Tucson Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce will host this event. This is a chance for Wildcat fans to get together before the season starts and show their support for the student-athletes and coaches in football, volleyball, soccer and cross country. Reservations are due by Tuesday. Admission is $40. Call 621-2331 for more information.