FINAL: Arizona 65, UCLA 63

Colin Darland
Arizona men’s basketball head coach Sean Miller stares on with concentration late during the second half of the Wildcats’ Thursday match-up against the USC Trojans in McKale Center on February 22, 2012. Colin Darland / Daily Wildcat

Three Arizona players scored in double figures and the Wildcats beat UCLA 65-63 in McKale Center on Saturday to keep their NCAA Tournament hopes alive.

Senior guard Kyle Fogg led Arizona with 20 points in his final game in McKale — including a stretch that saw him score eight of 11 Arizona points to give the Wildcats a one-point lead with four minutes to play. The Brea, Calif., native also grabbed nine rebounds and dished out three assists.

Arizona missed a number of free throws late in the game, giving the Bruins a chance to tie the game at the buzzer, but Jerime Anderson missed a shot at the buzzer.

Senior forward Jesse Perry was Arizona’s second-leading scorer with 16 points to go along with eight rebounds. He also shot 8-of-9 from the free throw line. Junior forward Solomon Hill added 13 points, nine of which came in the first half.

UCLA big man Josh Smith scored nine points but missed much of the game with foul trouble. The Bruins held a 37-32 rebounding advantage.

Arizona continues its season on March 4 against ASU. The game is scheduled to tip at 1:30.