Club Roundup

Running club looking for members

The UA Running Club will hold an informational meeting tonight at 6:30 in the Student Union Memorial Center in front of Papa John’s.

This semester the club will be preparing to participate in P.F. Chang’s Rock and Roll Marathon in Phoenix this January.

The club is open to all students, faculty and members of the Tucson community. Team president Elyssa Metas said that runners of all experience levels are welcome.

“”Anywhere from beginners to someone who is very experienced (is invited),”” she said. “”We have everybody.””

Women’s ultimate Frisbee team to start practice

Women’s ultimate Frisbee will hold its first practice of the season Wednesday from 5-7 p.m. at Bear Down Field, adjacent to Arizona Stadium.

Team president Emily Goldberg said that players of all experience levels are welcome, even newcomers.

“”We encourage everybody to come out,”” Goldberg said, adding that most students start Ultimate with “”zero experience.””

Goldberg recommended that anyone attending practice bring tennis shoes or cleats, dark and light T-shirts and plenty of water.

Club volleyball teams to hold open gym

Men’s and women’s club volleyball will both be holding open-gym sessions this week in the north gym of the Student Recreation Center. The women’s team will meet tomorrow from 8-10 p.m., and the men’s team will meet Wednesday 4-6 p.m.

Official tryouts for both teams will not be held until mid-September.

– compiled by Alex Dalenberg