FINAL: Arizona demolishes Cal 99-60 behind full team effort

Tyler Baker

Arizona forward Brandon Ashley makes one of his many baskets during the first half of Arizona’s 48-27 lead against California in McKale Center on Thursday.

Arizona men’s basketball beat California 99-60 on Thursday night to clinch their second straight outright Pac-12 conference regular season championship and 14th overall.

The No. 5 Wildcats (27-3, 15-2) have won 37 straight games at home, the nation’s longest streak.

Bay Area native and Arizona forward Brandon Ashley tied a career-high with 21 points and hauled in six rebounds. Point guard T.J. McConnell tied his career-high with 11 assists and added eight points and four rebounds.

Arizona shot 57 percent from the field, 36 percent from three and 59 percent from the free throw line. Cal shot 38 percent, 30 percent from beyond the arc and 75 percent from the charity stripe.

11 Wildcats scored and six scored in double-figures.

Game notes:

-Arizona led for 37:10

-Cal was the last opposing team to the beat the men’s basketball team in McKale, in 2013

-The Wildcats scored 42 points in the paint, while Cal scored 22

-Four Golden Bears had four or more fouls, with forward David Kravish fouling out

Check in with us later tonight for a full recap and analysis column from the action.