Pride of Arizona band member Jordan Ingram can always be counted on to ‘shake it’

Now that the NCAA Basketball Tournament has come to a close, we recall the most memorable moments throughout the tournament: The Cinderella story of Florida Gulf Coast University, Kevin Ware’s gruesome leg injury, a 3-point shot in the last seconds of a certain Sweet Sixteen game.

But remember when the camera man caught junior Jordan Ingram, a trombone player in the Pride of Arizona marching band, shaking what his momma gave him after the Wildcats’ third round win against Harvard? Almost instantly, the video was turned into a gif and blew up on social media, particularly on Twitter and Tumblr.

Daily Wildcat: When did you find out how much the video/gif exploded?

Ingram: “I found out that I was on the Internet right after the game. Some of my band friends showed me their smartphones. I was scared at first; I thought everything was going to be negative, but everything has been very positive. Pretty much that whole night after the game, I kept seeing things pop up like USA Today and The Washington Post.”

What do you remember most from this whole experience?

“There was this YouTube video that called me the ‘fabulous Wildcat,’ and they put really awesome Beyonce music behind me. I liked that they referred to me as the ‘fabulous Wildcat.’”

Why were you so excited?

“Whenever the music is playing, I’m always shaking it at games. Just at every single game I’ve been out there dancing crazy. What made me do this is, I don’t know, I’m just having a fun time. There’s no particular reason that I dance like a crazy person — but I guess you could say a reason would be to get the Wildcats to win.”

Where do you get your dance moves from?

“I get them from a lot of places. Mainly from the Arizona Pom Line; they’re a big inspiration for me. I guess the various pop artists, too — Beyonce, Britney Spears. Those are my basic inspirations.”

Do you dance often, or is this just a pep band thing?

“I’m always dancing. Sometimes I’m dancing when I’m at Safeway. I dance all the time at work. I’m always dancing.”

You’re a member of the Pride of Arizona; does this energy carry on through the football season as well?

“Yes, I’m always pumped up and ready for a Wildcat win. The Internet just captured me at a moment where I was doing what I always do.”

So, can we plan on you shaking your stuff next year?

“Oh, absolutely! You can count on me shaking it next year. If the music is playing, you can count on me shaking it.”