FINAL: Arizona 71, Utah 39

%09Utah+defense+contest+Pac-12+Player+of+the+Year+junior+guard+Nick+Johnson%26%238217%3Bs+%2813%29+shot+at+the+half+during+Arizona+vs+Utah+quarter+finals+of+the+Pac-12+tournament.++Arizona+leads+34-13+at+halftime.+
Rebecca Marie Sasnett

Utah defense contest Pac-12 Player of the Year junior guard Nick Johnson’s (13) shot at the half during Arizona vs Utah quarter finals of the Pac-12 tournament. Arizona leads 34-13 at halftime.

LAS VEGAS — The Pac-12 tournament’s top-seeded Arizona men’s basketball team kept the offense rolling in the second half against No. 8 seed Utah, ultimately defeating the Utes 71-39.

Arizona pulled ahead of Utah at one time by as many as 36 points. This however, wasn’t consistent with the two close contest the Wildcats played against the Utes earlIer in the year; only winning by a combined score of 132-119.

Freshman forwards Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Aaron Gordon combined for 15 boards and three steals. Gordon also had 11 points to go along with his seven rebounds.

Hollis-Jefferson efficiently cleared the offensive glass for the UA and led the team with three offensive rebounds. He had four rebounds in the second half and finished with a total of eight, had seven points and a steal.

Sophomore center Kaleb Tarczewski compiled nine points and five rebounds on the day and additionally shot 3-for-4 from the free throw line.

Junior shooting guard Nick Johnson added two points and a rebound, assist and a block to his first half totals. He finished with a game-high 14 points, three rebounds, three assists and a block. Johnson converted each of his four attempts from the stripe.

Junior point guard T.J. McConnell tallied four assists and four rebounds while scoring 13 points on 6-for-8 shooting from the floor.

Arizona will play the winner of California and Colorado. The Wildcats’ game tomorrow is set to start at 6:00 p.m.

–Follow Evan Rosenfeld @EvanRosenfeld17