The mix

The mix

The start of a new semester brings plenty of uncertainty. Will my teacher take attendance? Can I find the right classrooms? What books do I need? The only certainty is stress. But don’t worry. Subdue the chaos and get motivated for the new academic hurdles facing us all with this playlist to help you get out of bed in the morning.

Top 5

? Hard To Handle by The Black Crowes

In times of complete exasperation and comatose state, you need something to shock you back into life. It’s hard enough to keep you from dozing and quirky enough to make you want to smile again, and God forbid, maybe do a little foot tap or head bob. ðð-Kim Kotel

? What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong

This song has the ability to put everything into perspective. Try walking around campus to it, and you will forget you even have classes to worry about.

? Lose Yourself by Eminem

Who knew going to school could be comparable to a club rap-off, but this song talks about seizing the moment and taking advantage of opportunities instead of falling victim to pressure, all important things to keep in mind when heading back to school.

? Let it Be by The Beatles

This epic Beatles ballad gives great advice for dealing with stress – just forget about it. When you let things fall as they may good things can result.

? Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey

The classic rock sing-a-long has crossed generational divides, showing that no matter how long your hair is, arena rock can still be influential.

5 More Songs to Motivate You

Eye of the Tiger by Survivor

I Got You (I Feel Good) by James Brown

The Final Countdown by Europe

I Believe I Can Fly by R. Kelly

We Are the Champions by Queen