Date Book

CAMPUS EVENTS

• Exhibit. “”Shower of Stoles”” is a collection of liturgical stoles from gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender persons who are active and included in their respective faith communities. The Campus Christian Center. 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free
  • Seminar. “”Listening to Distortion in the Ear”” by Christopher Bergevin, Harvard-MIT Division of Health Science and Technology. 12:30 p.m. Free. Math building 402
  • Lecture. “”The Challenge of Building and Sustaining Effective Social Capital – Why Collaboration is Important.”” By Elinor Ostrom, the Arthur F. Bentley Professor of Political Science and professor in the School of Public and Environmental Affairs at Indiana University. Sponsored by Eller College of Management. 2 p.m. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, North Ballroom
  • Art exhibit. “”The Violent Realty Between Empathy and indifference”” is an art exhibit featuring paintings by Marilyn Volkman. All day. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Kachina Gallery
  • Multimedia exhibition. “”Interrupted Life: Incarcerated Mothers in the United States”” addresses the facts and experiences of incarceration in the United States. The exhibition invites viewers to search for further information and decent solutions to a major and growing problem in the U.S. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Union Gallery

ENTERTAINMENT

• Poker night. Bring your poker face for No Limit Texas Hold ’em. 6 p.m. $3. SUMC Games Room
  • Pool Tournament. Got skills? Show them off in this pool tournament. 6 p.m. $3. SUMC Games Room
  • Intramurals. Registration for intramural co-ed softball and both men’s and women’s basketball is still open. Ends January 23. $65 per team for softball and men’s basketball, $280 per team for women’s basketball. Student Recreation Center 122