Tarczewski to miss 4-6 weeks with stress reaction and strained muscle in foot

Tyler Baker

Arizona center Kaleb Tarczewski (35) leaps for a dunk in McKale Center on Sunday, Nov. 22. Tarczewski was averaging eight points and seven rebounds before his injury in the Wooden Legacy.

The injury blows are getting worse for the Wildcats. 

Arizona men’s basketball center Kaleb Tarczewski will miss four to six weeks after suffering a stress reaction and strained muscle to his left foot. 

The injury came against Santa Clara in the opening round of the DirecTV Wooden Legacy. 

The four-year senior has been averaging 8.6 points and 7.2 rebounds per game this season.  

The injury bug has been quite brutal to the Wildcats through the first month of the season. During preseason, small forward Ray Smith suffered a torn ACL in practice. Ryan Anderson and Elliott Pitts have both already missed a game this season due to injuries as well. 

Tarczewski’s injury cannot come at a worse time as the Wildcats will face a No. 13 Gonzaga team—whose only loss so far this season has come to Texas A&M—on Saturday.

Gonzaga’s front court features some of the tallest in the game of college basketball. Both of the Gonzaga centers Przemek Kanowski and Ryan Edwards are 7-foot-1. Forwards Domantas Sobonis and Kyle Wiltjer are 6-foot-11 and 6-foot-10, respectively. 

The Bulldogs’ size could cause huge matchup problems for Arizona. 

Arizona head coach Sean Miller is expected to address the big man’s injury on Thursday at his press conference. 

Follow Matt Wall and @WildcatHoops on Twitter.