Club Congress celebrates 25 years

Three days, more than thirty bands, a record exchange, hot dogs and barbecues … it isn’t Woodstock, but it is awesome. This weekend, the club at historic Hotel Congress is hosting a three-day festival of music and memories. And they know how to have a good time.

Hotel Congress has been around since 1919; the club was added in 1985. Since then, Club Congress has earned local recognition as the city’s best dance club and national acclaim as one of the top clubs in the United States by publications such as Entertainment Magazine. They’ve spent the past 25 years hosting unique performances, such as DJs, poets and all kinds of bands. These exciting events have created endless memories for Tucsonans and tourists alike, who have grown to love Club Congress’ events as a part of downtown Tucson’s heart and soul.

This brings us to their anniversary festival this Labor Day weekend. Club Congress has a reputation to uphold, so you can expect the best from the party they’re throwing. Their impressive line-up of bands includes Gentlemen Afterdark, Phantom Limbs, Fish Karma and the Love Revolution, just to name a few. There’s also a record exchange fair on Saturday, Sept. 4 and a Sonoran Barbeque on Sunday evening.

The cost is only $10 per day or $25 for the whole weekend. Remember, this party could be as legendary as the club itself. Check out the hotel’s website for the complete listing and scheduling of bands, events and performances, as well as information on how to buy tickets.