Some events to watch for in 2012-13

The semester’s winding down but there are plenty of reasons to get excited for next year. UApresents at Centennial Hall and Broadway in Tucson recently announced their 2012-13 lineups. Here at Arts & Life, we picked a few of the highlights so you can start reserving seats and planning group trips now:

UApresents

The Daily Show Live: “Indecision Tour 2012”
    Oct. 19 at 8 p.m.
    Centennial Hall
    Tickets range from $15 to $40

A blend of stand-up comedy, a lecture and time for a question-and-answer session with the cast and crew of “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart,” The Daily Show Live should be a show worth seeing. With visits from correspondents Rob Riggle and Al Madrigal, as well as producer and writer Rory Albanese, the event billed as “An Evening with the People Behind the Show,” comes right before the election. And, with tickets starting at only $15, it’s within a college budget.

Anthony Bourdain
    April 21, 2013 at 7 p.m.
    Centennial Hall
    Tickets range from $15 to $120

Traveling the world and eating sounds like a dream come true. But that’s just one of the plotlines of the life of Anthony Bourdain, host of the Travel Channel’s Emmy-winning show “No Reservations” and “The Layover.” A published author and renowned chef, Bourdain will host a live chat about the adventures in front of and behind the cameras and host a question-and-answer session with attendees. A $15 ticket will get you into the show, but shell out $120 and you get not only VIP seating but also a reception following the performance with hors d’oeurves and photos with Bourdain himself.

Broadway in Tucson

“Wicked”
    March 20 to April 7, 2013
    Tucson Music Hall

If you missed “Wicked” the last time it came to Tucson early last year, have no fear because the show is back. The story of how two girls meet in the Land of Oz and become the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good makes for a sensational show that’s become a phenomena in its tours. Plus, the last time that it came to Tucson, it “broke box office records and sold out in record time,” according to a Broadway in Tucson press release.

Blue Man Group
    April 23 to April 28, 2013
    Tucson Music Hall

No Vegas trip in your near future? No problem. The act that has excited the Strip for years is on tour and making a stop in Tucson. A combination of comedy, music and technology performed by three guys painted blue makes for a unique all-ages theater experience. It’s bound to entice a local audience this upcoming season as well — even if the act doesn’t say a single word while on stage.