Sports brief

The Arizona men’s and No. 24 women’s golf teams concluded their tournaments on the road Tuesday afternoon, and both came away with respectable finishes.

The men’s team took second place in the Wolf Pack Classic in Reno, Nev., a tournament the Wildcats won a year ago. The women, meanwhile, were able to hold onto fourth place through the third and final round of play at the Windy City Collegiate Championships at the Evanston Golf Club in Skokie, Ill.

The men were able to card a final round 5 under par to give them a 12-under total, led by sophomore Tarquin MacManus, who shot an 8-under-par 64 in the final round. MacManus tied for fourth individually with a 7 under par.

It was the first tournament the men’s team has shot three consecutive rounds under par since last year’s Wolf Pack Classic. All five players on the team shot at least one round at par or better. Senior Tyler Neal shot a 4 under par for the tournament, an effort good enough for a seventh-place finish.

His sophomore teammates Roberto Galletti and Jonathan Khan both carded an even par for the tournament that placed them in a tie for 16th individually. Junior Brad Nicholson shot a 17 over par and tied for 67th place.

New Mexico State ran away with the 13-team tournament, shooting a 17-under-par 847.

On the women’s side, the Wildcats finished 40 over par. Freshman Isabelle Boineau was able to card a 2-under-par 74 final round, good enough for an 8-over-par ninth-place finish individually.

Senior Amanda Wilson tied her young teammate in ninth place and freshman Margarita Ramos played well enough to keep the team in fourth place finishing with a 9-over-par 15th-place finish.

Junior Brittany Benvenuto and freshman Nikki Koller each shot 79 the day after, carding even scores on the final nine holes, which put Benvenuto in a 28th-place tie and Koller in a tie for 43rd.

Purdue won the women’s tournament after a 27-over-par finish.

– The Arizona Daily Wildcat