Datebook

Campus Events

• Interview workshop. Learn what to expect and how to prepare for an interview. No sign-up required. 10 a.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Room 411
  • Insect seminar. The Center for Insect Science Seminar presents a talk by Jerome Cases titled “”Parasitoids Metabolism and Life History Strategies: Opening the Black Box.”” Noon. Gould-Simpson building, Room 601
  • Book discussion. Author Cynthia Bejarano will discuss her new book, “”Qué Onda: Urban Youth Culture and Border Identity”” in which she offers an analysis on the construction of youth identities at the U.S.-Mexico borderlands. 1:30 p.m. CǸsar E. Chávez building, Room 211
  • Lecture. The departments of history and philosophy and the Center for Middle Eastern Studies present a free lecture on leadership in Kazakhstan. Galina Bitukova will give a talk titled “”When Oil Brings an Illusion of Prosperity: Leadership in Kazakhstan.”” 3:30 p.m. Marshall building, Room 490
  • Seminar. The Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics Seminar presents Brian Kuhlman, who will discuss “”Computer-Based Design of Protein Interfaces and Switches.”” 4 p.m. BioSciences West building, Room 208
  • Colloquium. The Program in Applied Mathematics Colloquium presents Peter Glynn, who will talk about “”Numerical Schemes for Simulating SDEs under the Total Variation Norm.”” 4 p.m. Math building, Room 410
  • Ernestine Smith Office Suite Dedication. Ernestine “”Ernie”” H. Smith, a College of Education graduate whose vision and energy brought a prestigious federal educational center to the college, will be honored posthumously when a suite of offices is dedicated in her honor. 5:30 p.m. Education building, South Entrance Plaza