Police Beat: April 29

Girl down

A UA student was referred to the Dean of Students Office and medically assessed for a high level of intoxication on April 20 in Coronado Residence Hall.

A University of Arizona Police Department officer responded to the lobby of Coronado at 12:45 a.m. in reference to an intoxicated woman. The officer spoke with a resident assistant who said an unknown man assisted the woman into the lobby and left her leaning against the front desk.

The woman could not keep herself upright and slumped to the floor, prompting the RA to contact UAPD and Tucson Fire Department medical personnel.

The woman, later identified as a student, was medically assessed and transported to the University of Arizona Medical Center. The student had consumed about 10 to 12 shots of alcohol that night, at an off-campus location.

The student was taken to UAPD and a Dean of Student Office referral form was completed.

Laugh attack

A non-UA affiliated man was arrested on April 19 for disorderly conduct and having outstanding warrants.

Two UAPD officers were dispatched to the Science-Engineering Library at 4:31 p.m. in reference to a disruptive person.

A library staff member said a man in a brown shirt had come into the library and was laughing loudly. The staff member asked him if he needed any help and the man said he wanted a free soda because he had seen in the movies that universities give out free soda.

The man then went outside and sat on a bench and continued laughing loudly. The staff member told him she could hear him from inside the library, and that she did not feel comfortable leaving the library with him outside of it.

The officers found that the man had 11 outstanding warrants from Tucson Police Department, and he was arrested.