On the ROCKS

Fall Club Crawl will be closing down streets Saturday in preparation for the music lover’s ultimate dream. More than 80 bands will hit 25 stages, all in just one night.

The music festival is in its 13th year taking over the Fourth Avenue and Congress Street areas. Once again, it will highlight bands from a variety of genres that will play on both indoor and outdoor stages.

Tucson experiences the immenseness of Club Crawl twice a year, in both the spring and fall. This fall’s Club Crawl is switching things up a little bit by adding more stages to the Fourth Avenue area.

Also, because of ongoing construction on the Fourth Avenue underpass, foot traffic will be directed onto Eighth Street, which should still get you to the Congress Street venues in time to see your favorite band.

Saturday’s event is also unique because it’s featuring headlining band They Might Be Giants on the Rialto Theatre stage at 11 p.m.

National talents are just the beginning when it comes to Club Crawl.

Club Crawl began as a way to promote the local music scene, said Jeb Schoonover, Club Crawl creator and producer.

“”Hopefully, we can keep educating people that there are great bands in town and to get people to go out and support live music,”” Schoonover said.

With the predominately local lineup, Club Crawlers should have the chance to check out what Tucson has to offer.

“”In one night, so many bands with a variety of different styles of music are showcased,”” Schoonover said. “”It is a one-of-a-kind atmosphere that only happens during Club Crawl.””

Club Crawl is a 21-and-over event. Gates open at 7 p.m., with music beginning at 8 p.m. Wristbands are available at all Bookmans locations for $8 or at the venues Saturday night for $10.

A complete schedule of performances and maps can be found at www.clubcrawl.net.