Police Beat

The engines and wiring were stolen from an air-conditioning and heating unit at a construction site, 1014 E. Sixth St., between Oct. 25 and Monday, reports stated.

The space-planning manager of the site found the damaged units at 2 p.m. Monday on the south side of the building. He remembered seeing the units secure about two weeks prior. Numerous cables and tubing had been removed from the units.

Police told the manager to call if he had any further information.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A woman lost her $150 tan purse after she drove away with it on the roof of her car near East University Boulevard and North Park Avenue at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, reports stated.

The woman did not find the purse when she returned to the area.

The purse contained a $60 tan wallet, CatCard, Zona Zoo pass, driver’s license and set of keys.

A student lost her $40 black wallet after she left the printing station she was using at the Main Library, 1510 E. University Blvd., at midnight Monday, reports stated.

The student was printing on the third floor of the library. When she finished, she gathered her things and left. The next morning she realized her wallet was missing.

When the student returned to the printing station Tuesday, her wallet was not there. No wallets matching its description had been turned in to the library’s lost-and-found.

The wallet contained the student’s driver’s license and debit card and a blank check. The student told police she would cancel the debit card.

A $1,300 green cast-iron bench was reported stolen from the Arizona State Museum, 1013 E. University Blvd., at 4:45 p.m. Tuesday, reports stated.

The reporting party said the grounds crew notified her that the bench was gone that morning.

The woman told police that the donation for the bench was actually $3,000.

There are no suspects or witnesses.

A man was arrested for driving under the influence and an outstanding felony warrant at the Circle K, 130 E. Speedway Blvd., at 10:12 p.m. Tuesday, reports stated.

Police were notified that the man at Subway, 914 E. Speedway Blvd., was under the influence and driving someone else. The person was concerned about the man and told him that it was “”not cool”” that he was driving. The police were called but did not arrive before the man left. On the way out of the parking lot, the man’s car started rolling backwards and almost hit another car.

Police approached the man at the Circle K and asked him if he had been drinking. The man smiled and said “”yes,”” then asked police for “”a break.”” The man said he just wanted to get some more beer, get home and study for school in the morning.

The man recorded blood alcohol levels of; .202, .174, and .192. Police transported the man to Pima County Jail and impounded his black Ford Mustang.

A student was diverted to the Dean of Students Office for possession of marijuana at Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., Tuesday, reports stated.

During evening rounds, a resident assistant detected the smell of marijuana on the fourth floor. One of the room’s residents was there when police arrived.

Police did not find anything when they searched his part of the room. Police contacted the other resident on his cell phone and asked him to return to the room.

The man told police he had not smoked in his room. He gave the police .8 grams of marijuana and a glass pipe that were in the top drawer of his desk and offered to let the police search the rest of his room.

Police told the man that because of his cooperation they would only forward a referral to the Dean of Students Office.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu