Arizona women’s golf snags first tournament win

Ryan Young
Yu-Sang Hou of the Chinese Taipei plays a tee shot during a practice round for the Augusta National Women’s Amateur, Monday, April 1, 2019.

Arizona women’s golf came away with its first win of the season after a successful run through the Pac-12 preview in Kailua Kona, Hawaii. The Wildcats finished the tournament 19 shots under par, UCLA finished second with 17 shots under par and ASU finished third with seven shots under par.

After the first day of the tournament on Monday, the Wildcats held first place with 10 shots under par. Yu-Sang Hou and Vivian Hou finished tied for seventh with two shots under par.

At the end of the second day on Tuesday, Arizona had moved down to second place with 11 shots under par. Vivian Hou finished the day with four shots under par and tied for fifth as Arizona’s top player. Ya Chun Chang finished not far behind tied for seventh with three shots under par.

When the final day of the tournament came to an end on Wednesday, Arizona had reclaimed first place, earning them their first, first place finish with 19 shots under par. Arizona had four players finish under par at the end of the tournament. Both Vivian Hou and Ya Chun Chang put in fantastic performances and finished tied for fourth with six shots under par. Therese Warner played well finishing tied for 10 with two shots under par. To round Arizona’s top four, Hollie Muse also played well, finishing tied for 13th place with one shot under par. Yu-Sang Hou was able to finish on par and tied for 17th place.

Arizona women’s golf will be on break for the rest of the semester but will start playing again in February of 2020. Their first trip will take them to Palos Verdes, Calif. to take place in the Northrop Grumman Tournament on Sunday, Feb. 9 to Tuesday, Feb. 11.

Follow Jett Neeley on Twitter