Police Beat: April 2

Sharing is caring

Two UA students were cited for possession of marijuana on March 28.

A University of Arizona Police Department officer was conducting rounds in Coronado Residence Hall when he smelled the odor of marijuana coming from a dorm room.

The officer knocked on the door and identified himself to the two students inside. The students let the officer into the room, and he asked the two residents if they had any marijuana.

They said yes and handed over a Ziploc sandwich bag containing .04 grams of marijuana, confirming it belonged to both of them.

When the officer asked if they had any paraphernalia in the room, the two said no and that they usually use rolling papers, but had recently run out.

The students were informed of their rights, cited and released.

Watch the cane

UAPD officers responded to a dispute between a resident assistant and students in a residence hall on March 28.

Officers were dispatched to the hall to investigate an RA’s report of students arguing with her, using profanity and possessing a cane that could be used as a weapon.

Upon arrival, the officers found the RA so upset, she was shaking. She pointed toward a room and said she wanted the residents inside arrested.

An officer saw the two residents crying through the open door but was denied entrance to the room. Upon speaking with the residents, officers learned the dispute had started when the two residents returned home during quiet hours.

They were knocking on doors with a cane and the RA confronted them, asking for their CatCards.
The residents claimed the RA was rude, and they refused to give her the CatCards.

Officers advised the residents that they have to provide CatCards to RAs when asked. No arrests were made.