Police Beat

Skateboarders cited for minors in possession

Two men were cited and released for minors in possession of alcohol on Nov. 6 at 1:34 a.m.

Police stopped two men who were riding their skateboards in the middle of the road on East Sixth Street near North Fremont Avenue. An officer noticed that one of the men had a strong odor of intoxicants coming from his mouth and the other had a moderate odor of intoxicants coming from his mouth.

Police noticed the man who smelled strongly of alcohol swayed while he spoke and had slurred speech. He told officers, “”Yeah, I had a couple of shots.”” The other man told officers, “”I only had one beer earlier tonight.”” He also said he did not think he was over the legal limit, because he only had half a beer.

Because they were under 21, they were both cited and released for minors in possession of alcohol and referred to the Dean of Students Office.

Man finds car vandalized, reports hate crime

A hate crime was reported in the Administrative Parking Garage on Nov. 9 at 10 p.m.

Police were called to the garage in reference to damage to a car. When they arrived, they found a man who said his car was intentionally vandalized. The car’s tires had been slashed and the word “”faggot”” was written with a black marker across the door, just under the window.

Officers noted the driver’s side front and back tires were completely flat, and they located small incisions on the tires as well.

The officers asked if he knew anyone who would want to damage his vehicle. He said it may have been another person with whom his friendship had gone bad within the last two months, which may have been the motivation behind the damage.

The man was issued victim’s rights. Police are looking into who may have damaged the car.

‘Adolf Hitler’ urinates on building

A man was arrested after urinating on a building Nov. 9 at 12:40 p.m.

Police responded to 2030 E. Speedway Blvd. in reference to a man urinating against the building. The woman who reported the call said she did not see any of the man’s body parts, but did see a stream of urine coming from his body. The woman said that when the man had finished urinating, he turned on the sprinkler system for the front of the building and began to wash himself.

Officers made contact with the man. They asked for his identification but he said he had none. He was uncooperative and verbally identified himself as “”Adolf Hitler.”” After several attempts, he finally gave police his name.

Police ran the information. It showed a list of aliases the man often used and three active warrants for his arrest. The man also had an active UA Exclusionary Order, banning him from all UA property.

The man denied urinating, but officers found puddles of liquid where the woman had said the man was going to the bathroom.

He was arrested on charges of third-degree trespassing and interfering with an educational institution. The three warrants were also confirmed.

He was transported to the Pima County Jail, where he was booked.

Intoxicated man refuses to leave fraternity house

A man was taken to jail for trespass and minor in possession on Nov. 9 at 2 a.m.

Officers were working at the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity concert that evening. When the concert and after-party had concluded, they walked through the house trying to clear out any guests remaining from the 1,500 person crowd. As one officer was walking through the hallway, he observed event staff speaking to a man.

The event staff was asking whether or not he lived there. One of the fraternity members said he was not a member of the house, so the staff asked him to leave immediately. The man then walked around them and continued down the hallway toward the officer. The staff tried to stop him, but he moved around them, yelling profanities.

The officer stepped in front of the man and put up his hand, pointing to the exit while telling him to leave. The man pushed the officer’s hand away and quickly entered one of the bedrooms. He slammed the door shut. The officer pushed the door open and told him to leave the room. The man sat on a couch in the room. The officer pulled him up to a standing position and told him to leave. He cursed the officer and attempted to pull away from the officer.

The officer told the man not to fight him as he escorted him outside. Reports noted the man was trying to stop the entire time.

Once he was outside, the officer told him to leave or he would be arrested for trespassing. The man continued to yell profanities and walk around the parking lot. When the officer turned around to walk back into the house, the man approached the area of the door and began yelling for the officer. He was refusing to leave the property.

The officer placed the man under arrest for third-degree criminal trespassing. The man began shouting that the officer was trying to assault him and that he had done nothing wrong. The officer instructed him to sit down, but he refused.

The man asked the officer for his name and badge number. The officer attempted to give the man his business card. He told the man he would place it in his front pocket. The man told him, “”You can put it in my dick.”” The officer decided not to give him a card, but told him that his name and badge number would be on the bottom of his citation.

Police then ran a check on the man’s driver’s license. He was only 20 years old. He was also cited for minor in possession of alcohol, based on the strong odor of intoxicants coming from his breath, his watery, bloodshot eyes, slurred speech and demeanor.

He was taken to the Pima County Jail, where he was booked.