Four-star point guard Brandon Williams commits to Arizona men’s basketball

Simon Asher
Arizona Basketball Head Coach Sean Miller gives a speech after clinching the Pac-12 regular season title after the Arizona-Cal game on Saturday, March 3 in McKale Center.

Arizona men’s basketball landed a big commitment today as four-star point guard Brandon Williams announced that he is recommitting to the program. The 6-foot-2 guard is ranked 31st overall by the 247Sports rankings in the 2018 class. 

Williams ultimately chose Arizona over Gonzaga and Oregon. He announced his decision at the BallisLife All-American game.

Williams first verbally committed to Arizona in June of 2017 but then decommitted from the program on March 2 of this year amid the FBI investigation and the uncertainty of head coach Sean Miller’s future. 

But Miller’s pursuit of Williams didn’t fade as the head coach traveled to watch the point guard play and had an in-home visit with Williams as well over the last month and a half. 

William’s commitment marks the fifth pick up Arizona has gotten since the season ended. The Wildcats were able two land recruits: Devonaire Doutrive, a four-star shooting guard, and Omar Thielemans, a four-star small forward from Belgium. 

In addition, UA added two grad transfers: Pitt’s 6-foot-9 forward Ryan Luther and Stamford’s 5-foot-10 point guard Justin Coleman. 

Williams will join a backcourt that features returners Alex Barcello, Brandon Randolph and Dylan Smith along with a new cast of Doutrive and Coleman. 

Arizona’s 2018 recruiting class now ranks 21st in the country according to 247Sports.

Follow Alec White on Twitter