Two suspects sought in Saturday’s fatal shooting

Detectives continued their efforts Sunday to track down the killer of 18-year-old Decatur man Devin Dwayne Kirk, who was found dying from a gunshot wound Saturday afternoon in the 900 block of West King Street.

Kirk had been rushed to Decatur Memorial Hospital for emergency surgery, and he was later pronounced dead in the operating room at 4:38 p.m. from what Macon County CoronerMichael Day described as “”gunshot trauma.””

The police investigation has focused on two male suspects, and the hunt for them continued Sunday. Police say they need to hear from anyone with information that could help their investigation. “”Anybody who has any other information or knows the whereabouts of these guys, they should please get ahold of us,”” Sgt. Cody Moore said.

He said that, unlike some other recent shooting investigations, witnesses and others with information have been coming forward and were being cooperative. “”Actually, things have gone fairly well for us cooperation-wise on this one,”” added Moore. “”But we will always take more information than we have.””

The investigation into a second and, police say, unrelated shooting Saturday evening is also moving ahead. Detectives are now concentrating their efforts on finding one particular suspect in that crime, which was reported about 7:30 p.m. Police haven’t released details about the 33-year-old male victim except to say the injuries were not thought to be serious, and the shooting took place in the 1100 block of East Moore Street.

“”We don’t have an arrest warrant for the guy (suspect) yet but we do have a person we are seeking to arrest based on probable cause,”” Moore added.