Valencia: Henderson wasn’t sole theft victim

Analisa Valencia, a UA sophomore, speaks during Galareka Harrisons trial on  Tuesday. Galareka Harrison, 19, is charged with ? rst-degree murder in the  slaying of roommate and fellow Navajo Nation member Mia Henderson, who  authorities said was stabbed as she slept in the womens dorm room last year.
    Analisa Valencia, a UA sophomore, speaks during Galareka Harrison’s trial on Tuesday. Galareka Harrison, 19, is charged with ? rst-degree murder in the slaying of roommate and fellow Navajo Nation member Mia Henderson, who authorities said was stabbed as she slept in the women’s dorm room last year.

Galareka Harrison’s recorded voice echoed off the courtroom walls Tuesday, her voice distorted by static, as jurors listened to her talk of an unknown man whom she said attacked both she and her roommate, Mia Henderson. She also spoke of Henderson having a gun while threatening Harrison.

Two University of Arizona Police Department detectives recorded the interview at the hospital mere hours after Henderson was stabbed in her dorm room in Graham-Greenlee Residence Hall.

The three-hour tape recording was at times inaudible, but the court provided jurors with a written transcript of the interview. About half the interview was presented, while the other half will be presented today.

Aside from the tape recording, UA pre-business sophomore Analisa Valencia was called in as a witness. Valencia said she lived in Graham-Greenlee and was part of the First-Year Scholars Program with Henderson and Harrison.

Valencia recounted that her wallet was missing from her dorm room on the evening of Aug. 27, 2007. She said at around 2 a.m., she received a phone call on her dorm room phone from a female caller claiming to be a Wells Fargo Bank associate who needed Valencia’s account information.

Valencia said she told the caller no and to call back later, finding it odd that the bank would call her in the middle of the night.

She also said the bank was never given her dorm room phone number.

Valencia reported her wallet missing to UAPD that morning. The next day, UAPD found her wallet in Harrison’s possession.

Today, after the recorded interview is fully heard, three more witnesses will testify – a representative from Wells Fargo Bank, along with two more police detectives.