Police Beat

A woman was diverted to the Dean of Students Office Sunday for being a minor in possession of alcohol.

An officer was called to Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., after resident assistants found a drunk female student in one of the rooms.

When the officer arrived, he found the student sitting on the floor in a pool of vomit. She was awake and could answer questions but continued to vomit in a trash can.

Tucson Fire Department arrived, checked the student out and cleared her to remain in her room under the condition that someone would stay with her. Several of her friends said they would stay with her the rest of the night.

The student identified herself with a California driver’s license and said she had been drinking vodka at a friend’s house.

Someone marked an elevator in the Student Union Memorial Center, 1303 E. University Blvd., with graffiti Sunday night.

At 9:30 p.m., an officer met with a Union employee who said someone had painted in the elevator at around 9:15, as he had been in the elevator about five minutes before.

The markings in the elevator were still wet when the officer looked at them. They appeared to be black shoe polish that was applied with an applicator.

The employee said it would cost about $65 to clean up the damage.

The employee called again at 10:13, saying the same elevator had been marked again with the same graffiti as earlier.

A man was arrested at Park Avenue Garage, 1140 N. Park Ave., for an outstanding Tucson Police Department warrant and trespassing at 8:56 p.m. Sunday.

An officer responded at the address in reference to a 911 hang-up from a blue-light station phone. Once on scene, the officer met with a man who was sitting under the station.

The man said he called 911 because he was cold. A records check showed him to have an outstanding warrant from TPD.

The man was extremely intoxicated and had spilled beer all over himself. The officer advised the man several times to leave the premises, but he continuously refused.

The officer then had the man’s warrant confirmed and also arrested him for third-degree criminal trespassing. The officer handcuffed the man and put him in the patrol car.

At that time, the man leaned back and began kicking the protective bars on the rear passenger window. The officer opened the rear passenger door and warned the man not to kick the window. He repositioned the man’s feet on the floor, then shut the door.

The man then leaned forward and spit through the passenger cage onto the officer’s computer keyboard.

The officer retrieved a spit sock from his car’s trunk and placed it over the man’s head with the help of another officer.

The officer transported the man to Pima County Jail with no further incident.

A man was cited for marijuana possession at 10:15 p.m. Saturday.

An officer responded to Coronado Residence Hall in reference to an odor of marijuana coming from one of the rooms. When he arrived, he met with two students who were standing in the hallway outside the room.

As the officer approached the students he could smell a strong odor of marijuana. He asked one of them if he could smell his room; the student allowed him to smell but not enter.

The officer smelled no marijuana inside the room and instead realized that the smell was coming from the student’s person. The student submitted to a search for drugs on his person, and the officer found a lighter and a rolled cigarette containing 0.6 grams of marijuana inside the student’s front pocket.

The student said he bought the joint for $10 from a 40-to-60-year-old man with facial hair who was at Jett’s Wildcat, 501 N. Park Ave.

The student was referred to the Dean of Students Office.

Someone damaged a window at the Biochemistry Greenhouse, 1059 E. 8th St., by throwing a rock through a window sometime between 4 p.m. Feb. 20 and 7:30 a.m. Feb. 22.

An officer arrived and spoke with a research specialist who showed the officer a broken pane of glass on the south side of the southernmost greenhouse.

A rock was on the table and had not been placed there by an employee.

Police have no suspects or investigative leads.