Arizona women’s golf ties for eighth at McNamara Preview

24+May+2013%3A+USC+moves+forward+on+day+four+of+the+NCAA+Division+I+Womens+Golf+Championship+with+an+overwhelming+lead+on+the+field+at+University+of+Georgia+Golf+Course+in+Athens%2C+Georgia.+
Tim Cowie/Tim Cowie Photography
24 May 2013: USC moves forward on day four of the NCAA Division I Women’s Golf Championship with an overwhelming lead on the field at University of Georgia Golf Course in Athens, Georgia.

The Arizona women’s golf team tied for eighth and junior Andrea Vilarasau tied for 10th at the Dale McNamara Fall Preview on Wednesday after three days of competition in Tulsa, Okla.

Defending NCAA champion USC won the team competition with an 848 ( 8), Oklahoma was second with a 852 ( 12) and Oklahoma State rounded out the top three with a score of 855 ( 15).

Arizona finished with a score of 861 ( 21) for eighth place in the preview. The Wildcats had daily rounds of 283, 292 and 296.

Vilarasau finished tied for 10th place with a final score of 211 ( 1). Sophomore Lindsey Weaver was 14th with 213 ( 3) total, after starting the first day of the preview in 32nd place. Junior Kendall Prince finished in an eight-way tie for 28th place with a total score of 218 ( 8).

Freshman Jessica Vasilic finished in a four-way tie for 47th place with a final score of 221 ( 11).

Lastly, junior Shelby Martinek rounded out the Wildcats with a 64th place finish, shooting a 227 ( 17).
Arizona will play next at the Windy City Classic, Sept. 30-Oct. 1, in Chicago.

— Follow Makenzie Thiel @makenziethiel