Police Beat

The laundry room in Apache-Santa Cruz Residence Hall, 1440 E. Fifth St., was vandalized sometime before 12:52 p.m. March 17.

The box that activates the washers and dryers had been damaged. It appeared that a hard object had been used to destroy the box.

The box will be replaced at an estimated cost of $1,200.

Police have no suspects.

An unknown animal defecated behind the front door of Room 3224 in the College of Medicine, 1501 N. Campbell Ave., between 5 p.m. March 16 and 3 a.m. March 17.

An officer met with an employee who said students sometimes bring a dog in the room, but that she was unable to determine the origin of the excrement.

The unlocked classroom appeared untouched, with no damage or missing items.

A man was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at North Euclid Avenue and East Helen Street at 8:03 a.m. March 14.

An officer stopped a white Toyota pickup truck after a records check indicated an attempt-to-locate order on the vehicle related to a Feb. 23 theft. The officer approached the vehicle and asked both male occupants for their identification.

The driver identified himself with a Mexican passport and the passenger identified himself with an Arizona license.

When talking with the two men, the officer detected a strong odor of marijuana coming from inside the vehicle. When the officer told the driver about the order out for the vehicle, the passenger asked if it was in reference to a liquor theft.

After the driver and passenger spoke in Spanish for a few minutes, the passenger said the driver’s vehicle had been stolen the same day as the liquor theft, and he believed the theft occurred while the vehicle was stolen.

The driver said that he and his sister were able to locate the vehicle.

A records check on the passenger showed that he had two outstanding misdemeanor warrants. The officer asked both men to exit the vehicle and searched the car.

While searching the car, the odor of marijuana became stronger, but the officer could not find it. When asked where it was, the passenger said he kept the marijuana under the gear shift.

The officer removed two screws that secured the gear shift and discovered a clear plastic baggie containing 2.6 grams of marijuana, a marijuana cigarette and a pack of Zig-Zag rolling papers.

The passenger was charged, informed about his outstanding warrants, and released.

The officer told the driver he would not remove the order on the vehicle.

A man wearing white shorts and a white shirt exposed himself to two motorists near the Cherry Avenue Parking Garage, 1641 E. Enke Drive, at 8:45 p.m. March 14.

A woman said she and her husband were exiting through the south side of the garage when they observed two men near National Championship and Enke drives who had just exited a vehicle. One of the men was standing in the street urinating.

As she and her husband continued south toward the man who had completed urinating, he turned around to face their vehicle and pulled his shorts down, exposing his penis.

The two men laughed and walked away.

The woman said she wanted to pursue criminal charges if the man is ever apprehended.

Police have no suspects.