Arizona basketball 2018-2019 schedule is complete

Simon Asher
Arizona Men’s Basketball Head Coach Sean Miller cuts down the net after clinching the Pac-12 regular season title after the Arizona-Cal game on Saturday, March 3 in McKale Center.

The upcoming Arizona men’s basketball schedule is complete. The program announced its non-conference schedule last week and the Pac-12 released weekly pairings for the conference slate of games. Arizona finally added Houston Baptist to the schedule, slotting in as the ‘Cats opener for their season in McKale.

UA’s non-conference schedule should not be too unwieldy of a challenge for the ‘Cats. After the home opener vs Houston Baptist, the Wildcats host Cal Poly and UTEP.

Complete list:

Non Conference: 

November (Bold is home):

Home Opener – Houston Baptist – November 7th

Cal Poly – November 11

UTEP – November 14

Maui Invitational – November 19-21 (3 games)

Texas Southern – Wednesday, November 28th.

In Maui, Arizona faces a field with some very strong and established programs, including Auburn, Duke, Gonzaga, Illinois, Iowa State, San Diego State and Xavier.

After the three-game trip to Hawai’i, Arizona returns back home to the McKale Center.

Non Conference: December (Home game is bold)

@UConn – December 2nd

Utah Valley – December 6th

@Alabama – December 9

Baylor – December 15

Montana – December 19

UC Davis – December 22

Conference Schedule: January (Home game in bold)

Colorado/Utah – January 2-6

@ Cal/Stanford – January 9-13

Oregon/Oregon State – January 16-20

@ USC/UCLA – January 23-27

@ Arizona State – Jan. 30 – Feb. 3

UA’s only matchups with the Los Angeles schools take place away from the McKale Center. Then it’s off to Tempe to face a rising Sun Devil program.

Conference Schedule: February (Home game in bold)

Washington State/Washington – February 6-10

@Colorado/Utah – February 13-17

Stanford/UC Berkeley – February 20-24

@Oregon/Oregon State – Feb. 27-Mar 3.

During the week of February 6-10, Arizona returns to McKale Center to host both Washington State and Washington. After the Wildcats lost to the Huskies last season from a heartbreaking buzzer-beater by Washington’s Dominic Green, Arizona is looking to avenge themselves.

Conference Schedule: March (Home game is bold)

Arizona State – March 6-9

Pac-12 Tournament (Las Vegas) – March 13-16

Arizona ends its regular season with their second matchup against the Sun Devils, but this time in the Wildcats’ home arena at McKale Center in Tucson during the week of March 6-9.
The second half of Arizona’s schedule can either make or break its 2018-2019 season, and only time will tell what will happen to the top-of-the-conference team.