Arizona women’s golf undefeated

Courtesy of AJGA

Janie Jackson of the UA womens golf team
Courtesy of AJGA Janie Jackson of the UA womens golf team

The Arizona women’s golf team earned its second win in its second tournament on Tuesday. The No. 6 Wildcats finished the two-day, three-round Windy City Collegiate Classic in Chicago with a score of 879 (15 over par).

Arizona defeated No. 2 University of Washington by three strokes.

Washington finished second with a score of 883 (19 over par). The Wildcats also finished ahead of No. 1 Texas Tech University who placed eighth with a score of 901 (37 over par). Texas Christian University’s April McCoy won the individual medal with rounds of 73, 72 and 69 for a total score of 214 (two under par).

Arizona freshman Janie Jackson led the Wildcats, collecting four birdies on the back nine and finishing in seventh with a total score of 217 (one over par). Jackson totaled 10 birdies in the three rounds. Sophomore Andrea Vilarasau had the second lowest score for the Wildcats, as she finished the tournament tied for eighth with a score of 218 (two over par).

Sophomore Manon Gidali, ranked No. 59, finished tied for 12th. She finished with a score of 220 (four over par). No. 24 ranked sophomore Kendall Prince, fresh off her victory last week at the Mason Rudolph Championship, finished tied for 26th with a score of 225 (nine over par). Freshman Anna Kim rounded out the Arizona five with a score of 234 (18 over par) and finished in 62nd place.