Police beat: June 19

Wrong place, wrong time

A man and woman were spotted carrying several bags and walking a bike at approximately 2 a.m. on June 10 on Park Avenue.

A University of Arizona Police Department officer approached them and asked if he could perform a background check, since several bikes had been stolen from campus recently. The officer found that the woman had three confirmed warrants from Tucson Police Department, after she failed to appear in court for trespassing, drug paraphernalia and shoplifting.

Although she had no stolen items with her at the time, she was arrested on three confirmed TPD misdemeanor warrants and booked into Pima County Jail.

Missing theater equipment

A UA staff member reported $3,250 worth of missing equipment from the Maroney Theatre at 10:43 a.m. on June 10.

A student’s tool bag, valued at $250 was missing, along with three UA-owned stereo amplifiers, valued at $1,000 each. The tool bag was last seen in a theatre available to only a few staff members and students.

Due to the lack of a report on the missing amplifiers prior to June 10, it is unclear when they were taken.

Shaken, not stirred

An employee from a UA laboratory was found disoriented and unable to find his car in the Sixth Street Parking Garage at 5:48 p.m. on June 10.

While questioning the man, a UAPD officer said the man smelled like an “alcohol-like odor,” though it could not be confirmed. The man was taken to the University of Arizona Medical Center, where after further questioning, he claimed to have had martinis at a bar during his lunch break.

The toxicology report said that since he was not exposed to chemicals in the laboratory where he worked, the disorientation and fatigue was most likely from alcohol mixed with the summer heat.