5 key stats to Arizona’s win over UCLA

Simon Asher
Arizona’s Parker Jackson-Cartwright, left, strips the ball away from UCLA’s Gyorgy Goloman (14, center) during the first half of the Arizona-UCLA Semifinal game at the 2018 Pac-12 Tournament on Friday, March 9 in T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nev.

The Arizona men’s basketball team defeated UCLA to advance to the Pac-12 Championship Saturday behind five key stats from Friday’s game.

23.1

Arizona was able to recover from a dismal 3-for-13 shooting performance from three to shoot 40 percent in the second half from beyond the arc. Parker Jackson-Cartwright was a perfect 3-for-3 in the second half from long distance to lead the Wildcats.

6

UCLA out-rebounded Arizona in the first half behind a 6-0 advantage on the offensive glass. The Wildcats rebounded in the second half and won the offensive rebounding battle 10-8.

5

Aaron Holiday came in leading UCLA in points but was limited to just five made field goal attempts on 20 shots. Holiday finished with just 15 points in large part thanks to the defense played by senior Parker Jackson-Cartwright.

67

In three of Arizona’s last four games the Wildcats have held opponents to exactly 67 points. The only team to break the barrier, of sorts, was Cal when the Golden Bears chipped in a futile 54 in McKale last weekend.

32 & 14

Ok so we cheat a little here, but a career-high 32 points for Deandre Ayton can’t be spoken about without including his rebounds, 14 to be exact, four of which came on the offensive glass.

Follow Saul Bookman on Twitter